Welcome to Connecticut's Early Childhood Professional Registry

  • Click here for information about uploading documents directly into your account.
  • Click here for information about Qualified Workforce Incentives Applications.
  • What does the OEC licensing regulation state?
    19a-79-4a(d)(1) Staffing:

  • 19a-79-4a(d)(1) Staffing
  • Where can I find a class that meets this requirement?
    Below is a list of previously approved courses. If you find a class that is not listed below, please contact the OEC Registry staff to assess the class BEFORE you take it, OR before taking another course.

    College Course
    Central CT State University EDEC 561: Administration in Early Childhood Education
    Charter Oak State College (online only) ECE 250: Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Programs
    Office of Early Childhood: Program Leadership Initiative Administration and Supervision of Programs for Young Children (ASPYC)
    CT Community Colleges (Asnuntuck, Capital, Gateway, Housatonic, Manchester, Naugatuck Valley, Northwestern, Norwalk, Quinebaug, Three Rivers, Tunxis) ECE 206: Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Programs
    Goodwin College ECE 270: Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Education
    Inter American University of Puerto Rico (Spanish; online only) EDUC 3260: Organization and Administration of Childhood Services
    Mitchell College ED 444: Administration of Early Childhood Programs
    Post University ECE 307: Administration of Child Care Programs
    Walden University EDUC 6168: Planning and Managing Early Childhood Programs

    Here is a link to search for courses at all of the public CT system colleges http://www.ct.edu/academics/courses.
  • Do I have to get my Connecticut Director’s Credential?
    No. The regulation only requires a 3-credit course as detailed above.
  • Do I have to pay to take the course?
    If you are the designated director and need this class to meet OEC licensing regulations: Find an approved class that meets your schedule and needs, and then apply for OEC Scholarship through your Registry account to cover the tuition, fees, and books for the class. Contact OEC Registry staff if you need assistance.
  • Access a full training library including Care4Kids health and safety training — all through your OEC Registry account!
    The following groups are eligible to access FREE unlimited online training:
    • Licensed family home providers
    • Staff members in licensed and license exempt centers, school and group homes WITH confirmed employment in their OEC Registry account
    Click here for more details.
  • Providers receiving Care4Kids can check their compliance with Care4Kids health and safety orientation requirements in the OEC Registry:

    Provider Type Where do I look for my own? Where does it show for my program?
    Licensed family home providers, and licensed and license-exempt group home, centers and school-based providers Log in to your account — look under your Employment section of your profile. Admin / MSA access users can view a report called OEC Health and Safety Orientation Report that lists all staff and details.

    Administrative access / Multi Site Administrative (MSA) access users have specific Care4Kids Administration Tools. Click here for more detail.

    Go to www.ctcare4kids.com for full provider requirement details.

Already a member?
Login here

Email Address: