Registration Choices
Select Your Desired Action

You may only apply once for THIS scholarship lottery. If you have applied for previous lotteries, you must also apply for this one.

  • If you ARE NOT A MEMBER of the Charts-A-Course Registry, a Registry account will be set up for you as part of the award process, if you are awarded, so there is no need to also set one up at this time.

  • If you ARE A MEMBER of the Charts-A-Course Registry, and wish to be a part of the scholarship lottery, you must apply for scholarship assistance using the link below.


How to Submit Documentation

Note that the OEC Registry Unit will review all documentation and will follow the steps of the Fraud Policy if there are any concerns around authenticity.

  • The OEC Registry Unit may require official transcripts or other attestations as needed for verification.
  • Course descriptions may be requested to verify if coursework meets Connecticut’s Common Standards for Early Childhood and School-Age Credits and Degrees (see General Information).


Submitting documents? Easy as 1-2-3!
  1. Please fax (860-713-7040) all documents with Registry ID # and name as it appears on the Registry account clearly indicated. Do NOT email documents to individual Registry staff!
  2. You will receive an email confirming what has been received (typically within 2-5 business days), and then a second email confirming when the document has been uploaded to your account (typically within 5-10 business days). Do NOT re-send your documents unless you have not received the first email within the timeframe! Documents are processed in the order in which they are received. Plan ahead to allow enough time!
  3. Once documents are processed you can view your coded entries under My Individual Education and Training Report, and view your scanned documents under My Documents.

What to Send

To verify a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential:
  • A current (non-expired) CDA credential certificate
To verify college degrees and course work completed:
  • Diploma and transcripts for any degrees and/or credits earned from a regionally accredited college. NOTE: Transcripts and diplomas must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. For more information about regional accreditation, go to Transcripts may be unofficial.
  • Pathways Exam transcript
  • Foreign Higher Education Degrees and Credits are recognized if evaluated course-by-course by an evaluation service approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (find a list of evaluation services at
    • The evaluation must specify that the credits and/or degree are the equivalent of credits and/or degrees from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning.
    • If the evaluation service is not a member of NACES, or if the equivalency is not to a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, the credits and/or degree will not be entered into your record.
To verify administrator or teacher certification, or Connecticut Director's Credential, please submit:
  • Diploma and transcripts for any degrees and/or credits earned and
  • Copy of current (not expired) endorsement or certificate
To verify First Aid/CPR/Medication Administration successful completion, please submit:
  1. Certificate of completion with the date and training agency or institution and expiration date.
  2. Administrators:  If a group of staff receive training at the same time, please do NOT send individual completion cards. Complete and have the trainer sign off on the Multiple Attendees Submission Form (Forms).
  3. Licensed programs must send proof of OEC licensing approved First Aid and CPR.
  4. License-exempt programs may send proof of non-licensing approved First Aid and CPR and it will be entered as such. Note that if the program accepts Care4Kids, OEC licensing approved First Aid and CPR is required.
Please do NOT send the following for documentation:
  1. High school diplomas or GEDs (unless required for a Head teacher application)
  2. Workshop /Trainings certificates (unless pre-authorized by an Education Advisor for use to meet NAEYC Accreditation teaching staff candidacy option K, or the Designated Program Administrator alternative pathway credential column).
  3. CEU's
  4. Portfolios
  5. Resumes