Submitting documents? Easy as 1-2-3!
- Please fax (860-713-7040) all documents with Registry ID # and name as it appears on the Registry account using the Registry Fax cover sheet found under General Information - Forms.
- A. If you are submitting only your own material: You will receive an email confirming what has been received (typically within 2-5 business days), and then a
second email confirming when the document has been uploaded to your account (typically within 5-10 business days). Do NOT re-send your documents unless you have not received the first email within the timeframe! Documents are processed in the order in which they are received.
B. If a program submits material using the Multiple Attendee Training Submission form for First Aid, CPR or medication administration, no email will be sent and no completion certificate will be on file.
- Once documents are processed you can view your coded entries under My Individual Education and Training Report, and view your scanned documents under My Documents.
What to Send
A word about Thrive!
For your convenience, successful training completions through Thrive! are electronically uploaded to your account. Please do not send any Thrive! certificates to the Registry.
To verify First Aid/CPR/Medication Administration successful completion, please submit:
- Certificate of completion with the date and training agency or institution and non-expired expiration date.
- Administrators: If a group of staff receive training at the same time, please do NOT send individual completion cards.
Complete and have the trainer sign off on the Multiple Attendees Training Submission form (General Information - Forms).
- Licensed programs must send proof of OEC licensing approved First Aid and CPR.
- License-exempt programs may send proof of non-licensing approved First Aid and CPR and it will be entered as such.
Note that if the program accepts Care4Kids, OEC licensing approved First Aid and CPR is required.
To verify a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential:
To verify college degrees and course work completed:
- A current (non-expired) CDA credential certificate
To verify administrator or teacher certification, or Connecticut Director's Credential, please submit:
- Diploma and transcripts for any degrees and/or credits earned from a regionally accredited college. NOTE:
Transcripts and diplomas must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
For more information about regional accreditation, go to www.chea.org. Transcripts may be unofficial.
- Pathways Exam transcript with actual date of exam.
- Foreign Higher Education Degrees and Credits are recognized if evaluated course-by-course by an evaluation service approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
(find a list of evaluation services at www.naces.org).
- The evaluation must specify that the credits and/or degree are the equivalent of credits and/or degrees from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning.
- If the evaluation service is not a member of NACES, or if the equivalency is not to a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, the credits and/or degree will not be entered into your record.
Please do NOT send the following for documentation:
- Diploma and transcripts for any degrees and/or credits earned and
- Copy of current (not expired) endorsement or certificate
Note: The OEC Registry Unit will review all documentation and will follow the steps of the Fraud Policy if there are any concerns around authenticity.
- Thrive! or CCEI certificates
- High school diplomas or GEDs (unless required by an Education Advisor for a Head Teacher application)
- Expired credentials of any type
- Pay stubs or income tax returns
- Resumes, portfolios, reference / recommendation letters
- Non-credit trainings certificates (unless pre-authorized by an Education Advisor for use to meet NAEYC Accreditation teaching staff candidacy option K, or the Designated Program Administrator alternative pathway credential column).
- PRAXIS results
- NAEYC worksheets
- The OEC Registry Unit may require official transcripts or other attestations as needed for verification.
- Course descriptions may be requested to verify if coursework meets Connecticut's Common Standards for Early Childhood and School-Age Credits and Degrees (see General Information).